[Updated] The 50 new Pokémon in Pokémon GO
We’ve updated the list for all the new Pokémon seen in Pokémon GO! We also discuss the ones you’ll want to use Pinap berries on.
UPDATE: We have now adjusted the list for all the sighted Pokémon based on this list of server-side images. Groudon is also among the files but not yet sighted as a Raid Boss.
- Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile
- Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken
- Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert
- Zigzagoon, Linoone
- Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry
- Wurmple, Silcoon, Beautifly, Cascoon, Dustox
- Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir
- Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking
- Skitty, Delcatty
- Gulpin, Swalot
- Electrike, Manectric
- Poochyena, Mightyena
- Shroomish, Breloom
- Makuhita, Hariyama
- Meditite, Medicham
- Spoink, Grumpig
The following were seen in promotional images and trailers but not found to be yet included:
- Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo
- Aron, Lairon, Aggron
- Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence
- Wailmer, Wailord
- Wingull, Pelipper
Who should I use Pinap Berries on?
You’ll want to use Pinap Berries on the following Pokémon given the Candy likely required for their evolutions:
- The Starters: This is an obvious choice; Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip will each likely require 125 Candy to reach their respective final forms (Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert).
- The Ralts line: Ralts ranks highly on this list, due to the split evolution introduced for Kirlia in generation four! Kirlia can evolve into Gardevoir or Gallade in the main games, so even though we probably won’t see Gallade until the second half of 2018, it’s quite possible another 50 or 100 Candy will be needed on hand for its evolution. Meanwhile Gardevoir should be a fairly powerful Fairy type worthy of training.
- Lotad and Seedot lines: It is likely they will also require 125 Candy. Note: Lotad not yet released.
- The Slakoth line: This may seem surprising beyond the fact that they will possibly need up to 125 Candy until you realise that there are no Abilities yet in the game, and with the way Pokémon GO calculates CP, a level 30 Slaking can reach CPs in excess of 4,000. In the main series, Slaking is balanced by its Ability, Truant. It may well be nerfed in CP or its available attacks, but until we know that will happen, you may want to get in on Slaking.
Update: Slaking has an estimated 9% nerf and a Quick Move of Yawn which deals 0 damage. Therefore, Slaking can only deal damage through Charge Attacks and has been nerfed.
Are any of your favourites among the above list, or are you hoping for others to show up soon after?
Edited by BadSheep and gimmepie.