PokéCommunity YouTube Battle Royal Showdowns [EPISODE 2 LIVE]
Watch some epic Battle Royals from the PokéCommunity Livestream while listening to the players maliciously laugh at each other.
Tuesday evening, during a livestream of Pokémon Moon on the PokéCommunity YouTube and Twitch channels, I thought it might be a fun idea to do some Battle Royals (and yes, that is the correct spelling) on stream to show off the new functions of the 7th generation of the franchise. Apparently, some other people agreed. And so it began that the stream entered into a series of epic 1v1v1v1 Free-for-alls for no decent reason whatsoever. However, scrolling through hours of footage to find the games is not exactly fun. Instead, Achromatic has been so kind as to assemble them in video form for your viewing pleasure.
First of all, let’s talk about the rules of Battle Royals, because they are new and I never managed to explain this properly until the middle of the second game.
- All Pokémon are set to Lv50.
- Each player brings a party of up to 6 Pokémon and selects 3 of them to use in Team Preview.
- Pure Free-for-all action. All four players have one Pokémon each on the battlefield at any time.
- When one player’s last Pokémon faints, the remainder of that turn is resolved and the battle ends.
- The winner is then determined by the sum of the Pokémon each player has remaining and the number of enemy Pokémon they defeated.
- Ties are broken by some formula that I didn’t bother to look up.
Nina (Peter in-game) – Moderator of the Art & Design forum on the PokéCommunity.
Tara (Flaafy) – Sister to Nina and resident Pokémon streamer for the PokéCommunity.
Achromatic (Ben) – Super Moderator of the PokéCommunity Forums. Is also British.
ddrox13 (ddrox) – Writer for the PokéCommunity Daily and author of this wonderful post.
“Trop Kick? What is a Tropkick?” – Ben
“Golem has like one billion speed… Oh… Shoot.” – Ben
Overall, the Royals were fun and hilarious, and I look forward for an opportunity to try more. While you’re here, you might as well subscribe to the PokéCommunity YouTube for more Sun and Moon Streams and videos. The YouTube guys make good content, so throw them some love, will ya?
Do you like this new battle style? Want to see more of these? Tell us in the comments!
Edited by Z25