More information for Pokémon HOME was revealed via official Pokémon social platforms today.
Note that the app has two plans – Basic and Premium. In USD, the Premium Plan will cost $2.99 for 30 days, $4.99 for 90 days, or $15.99 for 365 days. There will be a Nintendo Switch app as well as a mobile app.
Features of the HOME app include:
- Wonder Box: Working similarly to Wonder and Surprise Trade, you will be able to deposit a Pokémon to be randomly traded with another player. You won’t know what you’ll get until the trade goes through.
- GTS: Like with past games that had the GTS (Global Trade Station) feature, you will be able to offer Pokémon for trade and list which Pokémon you want in return.
- Room Trade: If enrolled in a Premium Plan, you will be able to host a room and invite up to 20 people to trade with. Trainers won’t know what Pokémon they will get until the trade goes through.
- Friend Trade: You will be able to trade with friends you have added to Pokémon HOME.
Connectivity is available with Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Shield, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!, and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, with Pokémon GO support coming at a later date.
- You will be able to deposit and retrieve Pokémon from Pokémon Sword and Shield.
- Pokémon transferred from Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! to Pokémon Sword and Shield cannot return to their original games! You can, however, transfer Pokémon between the Let’s Go games as desired.
- If enrolled in a Premium Plan, you will be able to transfer Pokémon from previous games to HOME via Pokémon Bank. They cannot be moved back once transferred to HOME. A free month will be offered in celebration of release.
“To commemorate the release of Pokémon HOME, we will make Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter available at no cost for a one-month period after Pokémon HOME is released. You’ll be able to bring Pokémon from various Pokémon series games using Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter. Once you’ve got your Pokémon in Pokémon Bank, you’ll then be able to move them to Pokémon HOME!”
- National Pokédex: The app will have a National Pokédex, including slots for Mega Evolved and Gigantamax forms. This National Pokédex will list various information such as moves learned, Abilities, Pokédex descriptions, and more.
- Mystery Gifts: Trainers will be able to obtain Mystery Gifts via HOME.
- Judge Feature: The Judge feature, or IV checker, will be available to anyone subscribed to the Premium Plan.
- Your Room: Your room will allow you to see all games you have linked to Home, as well as customize your profile with stickers upon completing certain Challenges.
- Home Points: You will accumulate Home Points for depositing Pokémon. These can be exchanged for things such as Battle Points (BP) in Sword and Shield.
Basic Plan vs. Premium Plan
Below is an overview of Basic Plan features versus Premium Plan features.
- Players with the Basic Plan will be unable to transfer Pokémon from the 3DS software Pokémon Bank. This will be restricted to those with the Premium Plan.
- Up to 30 Pokémon can be stored into HOME with the Basic Plan. With the Premium Plan, you can store up to 6,000.
- Up to 3 Pokémon can be placed into the Wonder Box with the Basic Plan. With the Premium Plan, you can place up to 10.
- Only one Pokémon can be placed into the GTS with the Basic Plan. With the Premium Plan, you can place up to 3.
- Those with the Basic Plan can only participate in Room Trades. With the Premium Plan, you will be able to host them as well.
- The Judge function will only be available to those with the Premium Plan.
Nintendo Switch vs. Mobile
The Nintendo Switch and mobile versions of the app will have access to different features.
|Move Pokémon with Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Eevee!||Yes||No|
|Move Pokémon with Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield||Yes||No|
|Move Pokémon with Pokémon Bank||Yes||Yes|
|Receive Mystery Gifts||No||Yes|
|Check Battle Data||No||Yes|
|Exchange Pokémon HOME Points for BP (Battle Points)||Yes||No|