In today’s news reveal for Pokémon Sun and Moon, we got a trailer showcasing Starter evolutions (second stage)! We also get a demo version out on the 18th of October.
Starter Mid-stage Evolutions
- Rowlet evolves to Dartrix, Grass/Flying typed. We learn that it cares about its cleanliness. From the official site: “At times, this Pokémon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can’t focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! “
- Litten evolves to Torracat, Fire typed. Torracat’s mane is used to sense what is going on around it, even in the dark. It uses this to for instance detect the presence of hidden enemies.
- Popplio evolves to Brionne, Water typed. It’s a cheerful Pokémon that dances a fair bit. ” As it dances, Brionne creates balloon after balloon. In battle, it first sends its opponent into disarray with its dancing, and then slaps its balloons into its target, causing the balloons to explode and deal damage.”
Ash-Greninja and Special Demo
Ash-Greninja has also been revealed. It features in the demo version of the game. Like in the ORAS demo, you’ll be able to bring Ash-Greninja to your Sun and Moon games after beaing the Special Demo. It has the Battle Bond Ability. This triggers Greninja’s form change to Ash-Greninja after it causes an opponent’s Pokémon to faint.
Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version will be available via the eShop on October the 18th.
Mega Evolutions are back in the games as well – our first confirmation. We’ve seen the likes of Mega-Kangaskhan, Garchomp and Salamence. Mega Stones for Gengar, Scizor, Pinsir, Aerodactyl, Lucario and Gyarados have been also sited on the official website. Dexio and Sina, aides of Professor Sycamore, help with this in Sun and Moon as well.
Pokémon Pelago and Festival Plaza
There is also a new StreetPass feature called Pelago. Pokémon can join you through the Pelago Islands, and you can play minigames while there. This appears to be a rather in-depth aspect of the games!
The Festival Plaza location here also seems a lot like Join Avenue. Global Missions are included too. These are events that everyone playing the game around the world can take part in.
We got some more news about how Global Link will work in Sun and Moon as well.
The three existing sets of battle rules for Rating Battles (Single, Double, Special), will be increased to four with the addition of a new set of battle rules for the Championships Battle format.
You’ll be able to experience the WCS2017 rules right from the start, beginning on Friday, November 18.
The main points of the Pokémon WCS 2017 rules are:
- Double Battle format is limited to Pokémon that appear in the Alola Region Pokédex (excluding some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon).
- Use of Mega Stones is not allowed.
- Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered.
Another aspect introduced is ‘Your Time’. This is effectively a time limit on decisions taken up by yourself – if you run out of this time, you automatically lose the match!
Lastly, more news will come out on the 14th of October.