Overnight a new Pokémon Masters update was pushed. Alongside additions in Eggs, we have new characters to pour over – and this time not all of them are 5-star! Cobalion will be the next boss of the Legendary Arena.
Datamined sync pairs
We have details on Jessie & Arbok, Serena & Fennekin, Morty & Drifblim, and Lucy & Seviper. Players will get Jessie & Arbok as a 3-star during the story as a free sync pair. Serena and Morty will also have their own story events, and training events will be Fire and Ghost.
Jessie & Arbok
3-star Poison Special Strike character, weakness to Ground
Lv. 115: 409 / 236 / 115 / 235 / 121 / 282
- Dire Hit
- Poison Jab
- Blast Off! – Removes all status conditions from the user. Sharply raises the user’s Attack and Sp. Atk. Lowers the user’s Defense and Sp. Def.
- Toxic Power 5 – Powers up moves when the target is poisoned or badly poisoned.
Sync move: Prepare for Trouble Acid
Prepare for trouble indeed, unless you have protection against Status! Jessie and her Arbok seem a bit risky – the move Blast Off! boosts her attack but lowers her own defenses. Maybe she’ll be good with team support options that can help with those self-inflicted debuffs?
Serena & Fennekin
5-star Fire Tech character, weakness to Ground
Fennekin at Lv. 120: 582 / 120 / 126 / 240 / 146 / 306
Delphox at Lv. 120: 625 / 126 / 134 / 269 / 154 / 340
- Fire Spin
- Can’t Stop Us! – Removes all status conditions from the user. Sharply raises the user’s Sp. Atk. Raises the user’s accuracy.
- Stat Leech 4
- Good Night-mare 5 – Powers up moves when the target is asleep.
- Go Viral 9 – When a status move is used to inflict a status condition on an opponent, inflicts the same status condition on all opposing sync pairs.
Sync Move: Mystical Fire of Positivity
Serena has the potential to be quite fun to use as a supporting Tech character. Hypnosis in itself isn’t too noteworthy, but combined with the Go Viral 9 Passive Ability, her Pokémon will be putting all opponents to sleep! You’ll be wanting to use Lucky Cookies that can grant her an increase to accuracy of Status Moves for sure. Her other Passive Ability and Sync move get more powerful when striking a sleeping opponent to boot.
Morty & Drifblim
- Shadow Ball
- Dire Hit +
- Phantom Force – The user takes on a phantom presence stance. After a set time, this presence fades and the user attacks. No other actions can be taken while in phantom presence. Opponents’ moves will not hit the user while it is in this presence. If the user is hit by a sync move while in phantom presence, the presence will fade.
- Pierce the Veil! – Sharply raises the user’s Attack. Substantially raises the user’s Attack if the user is affected by a status condition. Raises the user’s Sp. Atk and evasiveness. Sharply raises the user’s Sp. Atk and evasiveness if the user is affected by a status condition.
- Shook 2 – Sharply raises the user’s Speed when the user’s HP drops to half or below for the first time in a battle.
- Last Word
- Benefactor – Transfers this sync pair’s stat increases to the sync pair that will switch in when this sync pair switches out.
Sync Move: Mystic Seer Phantom Force
Morty likes… getting inflicted with status conditions? That’s a bold move. That may make him useful in certain situations or battles at least, if threatening to make his use somewhat niche. He also appreciates being at lower health, and can pass on boosts to another sync pair – maybe useful if you want to get the most out of him just before he dies.
Lucy & Seviper
- Poison Fang
- I Dare You… – Removes all status conditions from the user. Raises the user’s Defense and Sp. Def. Makes the user gradually heal itself.
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Power 3
- Stationary Target 3
Sync Move: Pike Queen Poison Fang
The Pike Queen is a 4-star character, and is all about poisoning and trapping opponents. It’s a simple enough strategy, with her Passives and Sync Move benefitting from hurting trapped and poisoned opponents further. I Dare You… will aid her in staying on the field for longer as well.
Players can find Eggs on random stages, which can be incubated. Hatches currently include the likes of Tauros, Nidoran-♀, Meowth, Zubat, Bellsprout, and Rattata. Right now, there’s even a chance (0.528% to 1.174%) of hatching a Shiny Tauros! Other Pokémon will be added later – there’s evidence that perhaps Venonat, Weedle, Scyther and Pinsir, with the latter two potentially having Shiny forms, will be added in Bug-type Eggs.
The stages and type of Egg you can find in them are as follows. Gold (or 3-star) Eggs do not have a higher chance of 3 Passive Abilities generated than Silver (2-star) or Bronze (1-star). Gold Eggs however have the higher chance of a Shiny Tauros than the others.
|STAGE||EGG TYPE & DROP RATE|
|Main Story (Co-op): Any Difficulty||Gold 1%|
|EX Challenges: Any Difficulty||Gold 1%|
|Battle Villa (Co-op): Any Difficulty||Gold 1%|
|Main Story: Any Difficulty||Bronze 3%, Silver 2%|
|Courses: Normal up to Super-Hard||Bronze 3%, Silver 2%|
|Supercourses: Super-Hard||Gold 24%|
|Supercourses: Very-Hard||Gold 21%|
|Supercourses: Hard||Gold 18%|
|Supercourses: Normal||Gold 15%|
The ideal place to grind for Eggs are Supercourses, as they can only give you Gold-level ones, and at a reasonable drop rate.
You can hatch Eggs through incubators. Unfortunately, the only way to get more incubators is by spending Paid Gems. Pay to hatch?
Cobalion is the next boss for the Legendary Arena. It has a weakness to Fire – hope you all got Red!
A Shiny Celebi model was datamined, but with no further details unearthed.
Cobalion model for Legendary Area
— Absol-utely (@absol__utely) June 25, 2020
Two new tracks have been added – a Battle theme for Cobalion, and a Team Rocket battle theme.
Lucy, Koga, and Hilda are getting expanded sync grids.
Lastly, a 5-star Select Special Scout event will run. Full details are not yet known however.
Which new character are you going to try to summon when they debut in Pokémon Masters?
Edited by Sheep.