The official Niantic website has posted details of a new update currently being rolled out for iOS and Android.
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.69.1 for Android and 1.39.1 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- Spark has returned to appraise Pokémon for Team Instinct Trainers.
- Resolved a motivation decay bug impacting Pokémon with less than 3000 CP.
- Resolved a bug causing Pokémon GO to freeze after consuming potions too quickly.
- Resolved a bug causing Pokémon GO to freeze after all 6 Pokémon faint during a Raid Battle.
- Resolved an issue causing iPhone 6 devices to crash.
Hopefully this will improve gameplay for everyone, and bring a familiar face back for Instinct players. No offence, Candela fans, but Spark is the one we want to see leading Instinct.
The mention of changes to motivation decay (already implemented server-side) for defending Pokémon with less than 3,000 CP is interesting. Many players expected the motivation decay to slow down for those higher than that, but it appears Niantic wants all Pokémon to have a quick motivation decay, thus making remote berry feeding more important. A decay rate to motivation has already been calculated.
We’ll update with any more changes noticed by players or dataminers.
Update: Dataminers have confirmed the most changes have been to fixing bugs, as well as an update to assets for a known upcoming event in Yokohama, Japan.