During the Nintendo Direct for this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), more information was revealed on Pokémon Sword and Shield. The Poké Ball Plus will be compatible with the game and can store a Pokémon, and Nessa has been revealed as a Water-type Gym Leader.
The game will also be shown off during Treehouse – we’ll update with coverage of the gameplay shown there.
- Wingull, Machop, Machoke, Goldeen, Vanillite, Vanillish, and Metapod are confirmed in the game in the Wild Area.
- Scorbunny has great animations, but attack animations remain the same from the sixth generation games.
- The Exp. Share is back and affecting all Pokémon, and is likely a Key Item.
- Branch Poke is a new attack for Grookey.
- Items can be found in the Wild Area and appear as sparkles. An item found is a Pungent Root.
- The bike looks amazing.
- Interacting with another player can grant you Items, like a Pack of Potatoes.
- Multi-player battles against Dynamax bosses occur in places called Dens.
- Dynamax replaces Mega Evolution and Z-Moves.
- Dynamax bosses gain an invincibility barrier when they are down to half health. The barrier must be broken before it will take damage again. For the Steelix Dynamax boss seen in the demo, five shield bars are in place. Each attack will deplete the bar by one, but using a Dynamaxed Pokémon’s attack will depleted it by two.
- You can choose to not catch a defeated Dynamax boss.
- Catching a Dynamax boss can apply to each character. You get other rewards as well.
- Pokémon Home will connect with the main series Pokémon RPGs and Pokémon GO.
- One important change from Pokémon Bank is that Pokémon Home can only send Pokémon to Pokémon Sword and Shield if they are in the Galar Dex.
- Only new Poké Ball Plus devices can send Mew to Pokémon Sword and Shield.
As you know, the Poké Ball Plus contains the Mythical Pokémon Mew when purchased new.
If you link up a new Poké Ball Plus to #PokemonSwordShield, you’ll be able to receive Mew in the linked game.
— Pokémon (@Pokemon) June 11, 2019
You can watch the full Direct below!
What did you think of the new information we got on Pokémon Sword and Shield?
Edited by Aldo and Sheep.