Today as promised, the official Pokémon Sun and Moon website has updated with new information. We have the legendary mascot Pokémon typing and information in a new trailer. We also have information on the rival, professor and even a special Rotom form appearance!
The official website has been updated with all of this news as well, and more! Meanwhile, short videos have been released on the Japanese YouTube Pokemon channel of this information, including footage not seen in the video above.
To break down the information:
- Solgaleo, the mascot legendary of Pokémon Sun, is Psychic/Steel type. It has the ability Full Metal Body, which seems to be similar to Clear Body (it cannot have its stats lowered by an opponent’s Ability or attack), and knows the special move Sunsteel, which ‘disregards the target’s Ability’. It is classified as the ‘Sunne’ Pokémon.
- Lunala, the mascot legendary of Pokémon Moon, is Psychic/Ghost. It has the ability Shadow Shield. Its special move is Moongeist Beam, which is akin to Dragonite’s Multiscale ability (if it has full HP, the first attack it suffers has its damage halved). It is classified as the ‘Moone’ Pokémon.
- We have art of the full Alola region. The region will be split up into the four islands seen below, and the Pokédex will like similarly split up as well.
- We have official art of the protagonists.
- The professor is called Kukui, and is the younger male we’ve seen in the previous trailer. He’s supposedly let himself be attacked by Pokémon in the name of science. That’s hardcore.
- He has an assistant called Lillie. She is described as ‘mysterious’.
- The rival is called Hau.
- You can use a QR Scanner to meet new Pokémon! This adds Pokémon to the ‘seen’ category of your Pokédex, and allows you to find out where in the game you can find the Pokémon.
- Rotom appears in the Pokédex! It seems to have a new form to reflect that as well.
It does much more than record Pokémon info—it sparkles with its own personality. The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others! It’s likely to be of great help to you in many parts of your adventure.
Lastly, check out our YouTube video summing up the information!
Images courtesy of The Pokémon Company.
Edited by Jake.
Last video by Achromatic.