Quests for Jirachi Special Research discovered as Ultra Bonuses announced
Start walking a Feebas now in Pokémon GO for the Jirachi Special Research tasks!
A new Special Research task for Jirachi, A Thousand-Year Slumber, in Pokémon GO has started. Players have already breezed through the tasks, and sans the rewards for the last stage (besides Jirachi itself!), all the rewards and tasks have been discovered. They are as follows:
A Thousand-Year Slumber 1/7
- Catch 25 Pokémon – 1000 XP
- Spin 10 PokéStops or Gyms – Jigglypuff
- Make 3 new Friends – Feebas [Can be Shiny!]
- Rewards: 1 Mossy Lure, 1 Glacial Lure and 1 Magnetic Lure
A Thousand-Year Slumber 2/7
- Catch 3 Whismur – x10 Whismur Candy
- Evolve a Feebas – 1500 XP
- Gold Hoenn Medal – 1500 CP
- Rewards: x2000 Stardust, x10 Poké Balls and x3 Incense
A Thousand-Year Slumber 3/7
- Take a Snapshot of Loudred – Snorlax
- Make 3 Great Throws in a Row – 2000 XP
- Earn 3 Candies walking with your Buddy – 2000 XP
- Rewards: x20 Silver Pinap Berry, x3 Star Pieces and x2000 Stardust
A Thousand-Year Slumber 4/7
- Catch 50 Psychic or Steel Type Pokémon – 2500 XP
- Power up Pokémon 10 times – 2500 XP
- Send 10 Gifts to Friends – 2500 XP
- Rewards: 1 Fast TM, 1 Charge TM and 1 Premium Raid Pass
A Thousand-Year Slumber 5/7
- Battle a Team Leader 3 Times – Kricketune
- Win Against Another Trainer 7 times – 3000 XP
- Win 5 Raids – 3000 XP
- Rewards: x3 Rare Candy, x20 Ultra Balls and x3000 Stardust
A Thousand-Year Slumber 6/7
- Take 5 photos of Steel or Psychic Pokémon – Chimecho
- Make 3 Excellent Curveball throws – Bronzong
- Spin a PokéStop 7 days in a row – 4000 XP
- Rewards: x10 Silver Pinap Berries, x10 Star Pieces and x5000 Stardust
A Thousand-Year Slumber 7/7
The clear takeaway here is that you should start walking a Feebas now. It takes 20 km to be able to evolve a Feebas set as your Buddy, but you can start walking early. If you have access to Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu and Eevee, the Meltan box will allow you to catch plenty of Steel-type Pokémon for part 4 of the Special Research.
Ultra Bonuses for the month of September have also been announced on Niantic’s blog. Check out the infographics below for all the details, or Niantic’s blog for a written version. Highlights include a low chance at hatching an Unown, Shiny Mewtwo in raids with Psystrike, and generation 5 Pokémon being released.
What is the most exciting part of the Ultra Bonuses for you?
Edited by Aldo.