Pre-registration for the upcoming mobile title Pokémon Masters has begun for iOS and Android. App stores also mention that the expected release date is August 29.
📢 Pokémon Masters preregistration has begun!
— Pokémon Masters (@PokemonMasters) July 24, 2019
That said, not all countries are currently available to pre-register. Furthermore, while the minimum requirements for Android are listed as Android 5.0, 64 bit (Android 7.0 recommended), several reports have appeared of phones being incompatible, despite cases of Android 8.0 being used. Hopefully this will be rectified soon. iOS users require iOS 11 or higher, and 64 bit.
New videos have been uploaded to The Official Pokémon Masters Channel explaining gameplay and mechanics. The overview video is given below; but the main points are as follows:
- In the Pokémon Masters League, you team up with other sync pairs to earn badges. Badges allow you to partake in tournament matches to progress.
- Most sync pairs can be obtained through the story. Others come from events.
- You can complete daily missions in a training area to level up your sync pairs.
- Battles are in real time. You use moves as your move gauge increases; this gauge is shared across your whole team.
- Trainer moves have a limit in amount of times you can use them.
- Sync moves can be done after your team performs a certain amount of actions.
- You can play in single-player or co-op mode.
- Sync pairs specialise in one or two move types.
- There are three battle roles: strike (attacking), support (buffing allies) or tech (debuffing opponents).
- You can use technical machines (TMs) to learn new attacks for your Pokémon.
- Reaching a certain level will trigger Pokémon evolution via a special scenario for some sync pairs.
- Trainers can learn passive moves while levelling up.
- You can power up a sync move by scouting a sync pair you already have.
- You can use * Power Ups to increase the potential of a sync pair, up to 5*. For example, Misty starts as a 3* and can become a 5*.
How excited are you about trying out Pokémon Masters?
Edited by Sheep.