Clamperl to debut in GO through another three-hour event
It’s happening this weekend – talk about short notice! Clamperl’s evolution will be entirely random, so good luck.
Niantic have just announced that the long missing generation three Pokémon, Clamperl, will make its debut in Pokémon GO. The catch: it will initially be only available from Limited Research tasks during a three hour window this weekend.
Event Date + Time
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Feb. 23, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: Feb. 23, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Asia-Pacific: Feb. 24, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- Receive 2× Catch Stardust for Water-type Pokémon during the three-hour window.
- Water-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild during the event.
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will award you encounters with Clamperl.
Clamperl might clam up during Limited Research, so exploring is key! As long as you’ve collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time. Don’t forget—you’ll need to venture onward to many PokéStops in order to get new Field Research tasks and encounter as many Clamperl as possible!
It is not yet clear if Clamperl can be Shiny as with the Feebas day event last month – the lack of mention suggests not. Furthermore, the official website states that Clamperl’s evolution will be random.
The Bivalve Pokémon has two potential Evolutions—Huntail and Gorebyss—but you won’t know which of the two Pokémon your Clamperl will become until its Evolution is complete. Be sure to catch as many Clamperl as you can during the event to add each of these Pokémon to your Pokédex.
What are your thoughts on the timing of this event? One hopes that Smeargle will be released soon too given its appearence in the new loading screen.
Thanks to Chase for the tip.