New Poké Ball Pokémon shown for Smash Ultimate
We’ve potentially lost Poké Floats as a stage however – it’s yet to be sighted.
In today’s Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Direct, several new reveals were given, including 5 new fighters, a lot of music and stages, and several quality of life changes. While no major reveal happened for the Pokémon side, we did get some new things.
Firstly, several new Poké Ball Pokémon were showcased. Some we had already seen before, such as Alolan Vulpix, Lunala, and Solgaleo. New entries however now include:
- Alolan Exeggutor – acts as a (tall) barrier on the stage
- Mimikyu – jumps on an enemy fighter to deal damage
- (Regular) Vulpix – like Alolan Vulpix, attacks an enemy; just with fire
- Marshadow – appears to use its signature move to attack enemies from the shadows
- Pyukumuku – Appears to act as a countering punching bag, like Wobbuffet
- Ditto – copies the character and aids in battle using their moveset
Ditto in particular is an interesting addition. It appeared in previews for Super Smash Bros. Melee, but was ultimately cut from the game.
While other stages had been sighted before, the Melee stage Poké Floats appears to not be in the game, given we know that stages are listed in order of appearance to the Smash franchise, and yet it does not appear next to other Melee stages. It is also not listed on the main site. Ah well – every other previous Pokémon stage is in.
Lastly, a rock guitar version of the Pokémon Sun and Moon Trainer Battle theme played during the Direct. Generation seven now has musical representation!
What do you think of the new Poké Ball Pokémon in Smash?
Edited by HeroLinik.