The Pokémon Sun and Moon games now has a new update available via internet download. Version 1.2 brings about some bug fixes and is required to be able to play online. Players will be prompted to update when starting the game from the 3DS menu, and can also download the update from the 3DS eShop.
Version 1.2 includes fixing these issues:
• Pokémon being unable to attack and switch when Sky Drop is used and when knocked out by damage done by Spiky Shield.
• A glitch in Poké Pelago when entering a new month.
• A rare case where the game ends after using an Evolution item as the last item in your Bag.
• Scatterbug sometimes not learning Egg Moves.
• Eggs sometimes being able to be given items.
• A glitch ending the tournament when pre-registered for an online Friendly Competition (e.g. entry gets canceled or the Battle Teams get unlocked).
Did you encounter any of these bugs when playing the game beforehand? If so, be sure to get onto that update!
Edited by gimmepie.